- This event has passed.
Summer visit – Soldiers of Oxfordshire Museum
June 11, 2015 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- The Soldiers of Oxford Museum is relatively new and has been constructed in the grounds of Woodstock Museum, Park Street, Woodstock OX20 1SS.
- The Society has negotiated a Group Booking with a reduced entrance fee. We have booked for 15 people but there is no limit to the numbers that can be accommodated.
- The Entrance Fee gives access to all areas of the museum.
- In addition to the interesting exhibitions that will be on show at the time of the visit, the Society has arranged the hire of a room and the services of Stephen Barker – who gave us such a fine lecture on ‘Oxford in the Civil War’ earlier in our 2014/15 programme. Stephen will talk to us on another of his specialist subjects ‘The Oxfordshire & Buckinghamshire Regiment on the Somme’.
- It is suggested that attendees congregate in the Cafe Area of the main museum at 1pm after which we will cross to the Soldiers of Oxford Museum. The talk will begin at approx 1.45pm and attendees will be able to see the museum’s other attractions both before and after the talk.
- Transport to the Museum will be private car. Car Parking facilities close to the museum are limited but there is a public car park to the right of the main road– Hensington Road – as one approaches Woodstock from the Oxford direction. It is signposted from the main road. Where necessary those visitors without transport will, where possible, be accommodated in other cars travelling to Woodstock. Journey time to Woodstock is approx 25mins but leave time to get from the car park to the Museum.
- To encourage partners to attend this event the Committee have set a charge of £20 for a couple and £12 for a single – this to include the entrance fee to the museum and the talk which is for WADS History Society only.